April 10, 2004

Ok, I've made the decision: As soon as I finish converting everything from HTML to XHTML, my documents will be sent as application/xhtml+xml, with no content type rewriting magic done server side. This means, as you probably already know, that IE users will be "blocked" out of my site. Incidentally, I've changed my philosophy somewhat. I no longer see it as me blocking users from my site; the content is out there, and it's viewable. It's your software that sucks. Get, something, better.

Actually... no. That was done in a blind rage. Never mind. I'm not going to do it. I'll use server side magic to serve application/xhtml+xml to Mozilla and text/html to the rest. The nice people in #web reminded me that people using text-only browsers will also be prompted to download it, which just isn't nice.

<< | Previous entry (April 5, 2004) | Next entry (April 13, 2004) | >>
Back to Archive