Back to Books
The Riddle of Scheherazade: and Other Amazing Puzzles, Ancient & Modern
- Publication year:
- Original publication year:
- Has read?
- Table of Contents:
- [Toggle visibility]
BOOK ONE The Grand Question of Scheherazade
- The Source
- In Which Is Related How Scheherazade Entertained the King on the Thousand-and-Third Night
- Wherein Is Related How Scheherazade Further Entertained the King on the Thousand-and-Fourth Night
- The Thousand-and-Fifth Night, in Which Scheherazade Relates Some Puzzles of Ancient Origin
- The Thousand-and-Sixth Night, in Which Scheherazade Gives the King Some Problems in Probability
- The Thousand-and-Seventh Night, in Which Scheherazade Relates Some Exploits of Some of Ali Baba Forty Thieves
- In Which Scheherazade Relates Some More Puzzles on This Thousand-and-Eighth Night and Concludes with a Clever Mathematical Observation
- In Which Is Related Scheherazade's Wondrous Account of the Mazdaysians and Aharmanites
- The Thousand-and-Tenth Night, in Which Scheherazade Gives a Further Account of the Mazdaysians and Aharmanites
- In Which Is Related How Scheherazade Entertained the King with Some Special Items on This Thousand-and-Eleventh Night
- Scheherazade's Puzzles and Metapuzzles of the Thousand-and-Twelfth Night
- The Thousand-and-Thirteenth Night in Which Scheherazade Relates the Story of Al-Khizr
- The Grand Question!
BOOK TWO From Scheherazade to Modern Logic
- Coercive Logic
- Right- and Left-Handed Coercion
- The Ultimate in Coercive Logic
- Variable Liars
- Chinese or japanese?
- Oron and Seth
- Which Personality?
- Oh No!
- A Mixed Bag: Some Logic Tricks and Games
- Some Special Problems
- Some Strange Paradoxes!
- Solutions to the Scheherazade Puzzles
Back to Books